pdf to dwg?

adonrai

If you are working in Max I prefer saving out as Illustrator v8 over exporting to DWG, and then importing the AI file directly into Max. Believe it or not Illustrator can actually make a nice tool to assist with modeling.

Hi Travis,

Can you give an example how to use Illustrator to assist with modelling ?

Thx

Hi Travis,

Can you give an example how to use Illustrator to assist with modelling ?

Thx

It is simple. Illustrator is a vector based illustration program. It has the power to create bezeir and complex curves more elegantly and fluidly than what Max does.

For example... If you are modeling an elaborate ornate handrail it might be easier to trace a photo using Illustrators vector tools than it would be to trace the same photo in Max. After you have it traced in Illustrator simply export as AI v8, and then import into Max and extrude the curves to create your geometry.

I would not run out and buy Illustrator for this but if you have it on hand you might as well take advantage of its strengths.

On the downside Illustrator does not function at real world scale. This means you will need to scale an object once you import it into Max. To do this I recommend you Google the 3 point scale script for Max. It is a nifty script that allows you to select points to scale similar to how you would a CAD application.

Here link is to a handrail that would benefit from the initial line work being produced in Illustrator.

http://steelworks-online.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Residential-Ornamental-Pool-Handrail-Stair-Rail.jpg?9d7bd4

• 1 month later...