how to fillet solid edges at once?

MihaiGuigouas

Hello,

As the title says, how can I fillet all the edges of a simple, rectangular solid (such as a rectangular slab with 2-3 rectangular holes in it) at once? In AutoCAD 2011. In have near a hundred of such simple solids and In need to fillet all the edges of them with the same constant radius.

Thanks

Edited by MihaiGuigouas

Mihai,

Usually if you convert the primitive into an editable poly, then select the edges you want within the edge sub/object mode, you can click the chamfer button in the edit poly mode. If you click the window box next to it, you can easily adjust the settings. I have found that 8-12 divisions for the edge option seems to work pretty well. Using the loop option, within the edit poly options, after a single edge selection can save you a lot of time depending on the density of your mesh.

Hope this helps.

Hi, thanks for the answers. But...I have about one hundred of slightly different objects, think about door/windows frames, (and that's what they are btw) they are very similar yet slightly different objects. They are somewhat customized so I have to model them in ACAD. I have blocks with hinges and handles but filleting the edges of the frames is very time consuming and tedious. One method I thought of is to bake as blocks just the corners and T junctions and then extrude the faces in order to meet them and create the desired frames. Sole problem is that is almost as tedious as creating them by extruding contours and then filleting the edges one by one.

• 2 weeks later...