Guys, please advise - my latest render.

sparksue

Hi there!

Been reading up some of the info and do some changes. Let me if there's anything that i need to improve?

I notice that my render still doesn't have the realistic effect... Is it due to the enclose area (I use Vray plane for all opening)

Note: Putting Before and After PS picture.

P.S: Does the picture still flat? I check with my fellow sales designer and they mention that it's still flat..any suggestion that I can improve?

Hi,

It is widely accepted that most realistic color setting is Linear color mapping with gamma turned up to 2.2 (you can find tuts online how to do this). If you want better control over exposition and overbright you can try using Reinhard color mapping and tweak it for best result.

As for your scene I think its just the matter of composition and color arrangement. Everything on your scene went ocher-sepia, which also affects indirect illumination making it less interesting. I think you need some element that would make a contrast (nothing big, some green or patch of a blue sky), something that would create "break out of flatness" effect.

I didnt know that the color correction play a important part as well.

Noted on this, so meaning that in the V-Ray : color mapping, i will have to select the Linear multiply with gamma up to 2.2 will be the right color adjustment?

Also if i am going to use reinhard, will i need to tune my gamma to 2.2 as well? or just as 1 will be enough?

Well, listen, these are the settings that are supposed to be the most natural, but you don't necessarily need to use them (in fact I think linear is default vray color mapping method). For example, in this pic I didn't use suggested settings but got satisfactory result:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47480[/ATTACH]

However if you choose to go on 2,2 gamma you will probably need to re-tune your lighting, make it weaker. As for photorealism of render, if that is what you are trying to achieve, it is a mix of various factors: position, type and quality of direct and indirect illumination, materials color and textures etc. To be honest, sometimes when I start working on a scene I'm not completely sure I'm gonna get result I intended...

Edited by Horosavin

I've been looking at your picture and I have one more suggestion: try pulling up curtains to let some light come from window direction into the room (can use Vray plane lights) and make all other lights weaker, or shut them down completely. This way you could get more dramatic lighting and shadows and overall more interesting effect.

Hi Horosavin,

Thanks for the comments, note on this.

For the next project will roll up curtain and see how's the effect will be going.

I notice that most of the renders that I notice here tend to have 'opening' [Windows, direct light source, etc) to have more lighting effects.

Will be trying out on reinhard for interior as I notice from some website that's it good to use reinhard in interior. thanks for the tips!