Win a "Custom plant for YOUR project" contest

Janwalli

At the moment I am running a little contest over at the facebook page of Silva3D

What do you have to do?

Send me a reason (best via mail to walli@wallis-eck.de , or as comment on the facebook page), why you need a custom plant (and of course which kind of plant this is).

For example: you are working on a landscape and need a certain species of tree. Or an interior where you need a special houseplant, that you couldn´t find elsewhere. Some plants are simply unusual and not often requested - and therefor not offered. Now you have a chance

What will I do - on 4th of june I will pick the winner and then I will create a custom plant, according to the requests the winner sends to me.

So the winner get´s a tailored plant model, that can be used for private and commercial projects.

For details, please visit http://www.facebook.com/Silva3D , or if you don´t want to mess around with facebook, send an email to walli@wallis-eck.de

• 1 month later...

One of the winners asked for a Bristlecone Pine tree. After creating the tree and trying to meet the wishes of the winner, we decided to release the tree for free, under Creative Commons license.

You also can download the ZBrush ZTL, if you want to create variations or export other levels of details. Probably not an every day tree, but might be useful to some of you

http://www.silva3d.com/product.php?id_product=61 (no need to register or login)

at this stage i don´t have the possibilty to offer my plants for max. Several max users have been using the obj´s and they import fine, but of course then the setup work has still to be done.

So the formats I am offering are Vray for Cinema4D, Cinema4D, Wavefront OBJ, TGO and VOB. But this thread is about the Bristlecone pine and not a commercial ;-)

Due to the chosen license, anyone could bring the brsitlecone pine to max and then share it. That was one of the main ideas of using a Creative Commons license for that plant.

i would pay good money for a detailed and decent eucalyptus tree!

at correct scale (20-30 meters) and with proper maps

No one in whole bussiness bothered to create REAL trees at correct scale (20+ meters), every tree just looks like scaled 2years old young tree. Sure they're bit better than what we see in computer games, but hardly much better. Evermotion, iTrees, Mentor...they all suck. I am in process of creating custom trees and I don't care if they end up being 20 million poly per piece, they damn gonna look like trees do.

I am in process of creating custom trees and I don't care if they end up being 20 million poly per piece, they damn gonna look like trees do.

you have a good point, adult tree with many trees equals many polygons - but thats something most people don´t accept. I have the same philosophy, if I need many polygons, then this thingy will have many polygons. Which by the way often doesn´t increase the render time.