Need tutorials on how to create building from plans

stayinwonderland

Hi,

I thought I had this covered already because a few months ago I found a site with a bunch of tutorial PDFs which showed how to create a building from autocad files or from schematic plans etc.

I think it was VisMasters but they don't seem to be around anymore?

Anyone know of the tutorials I'm talking about OR (emphasise: OR) other tutorials that would guide me through working from plans.

Thanks!

haha sorry I didn't mean it to come across the wrong way, I just found it a little strange that no-one had posted the question. Bit like I wouldn't apply for a job as a pilot and then the day before my interview, do a quick search on google for 'How to Fly a Plane Tutorial".

I know that sounds a bit silly, but just didn't want you to get stuck further down the line and it have a negative impact on future arch viz jobs you may get. That was all, but if your confident then go for it.

That's a bit of a wank analogy though. It would be a fair analogy If I'd never picked up 3d software before but could understand plans. But if you have a floor plan and a few elevations and ten years experience in 3d, there's only a few gaps to fill in. Unless we're talking huge, monolithic, curvy, weird buildings.

Hi,

I thought I had this covered already because a few months ago I found a site with a bunch of tutorial PDFs which showed how to create a building from autocad files or from schematic plans etc.

I think it was VisMasters but they don't seem to be around anymore?

Anyone know of the tutorials I'm talking about OR (emphasise: OR) other tutorials that would guide me through working from plans.

Thanks!

Finally found it! I was looking for this: link. Lots of cool PDFs for help with arch viz.

Hi Andy

Have a look at these.

One is an intro to setting up DWG files to use in Max

the other is a guide to copying objects but is shown over a dwg plan file so may be of some help on workflow.

If you have any comments on the videos let me know, it would be good to get some feedback and I may start doing some more

Hi there,

Yeah that DWG set up video was very useful. Trying to get plans to line up has been a bit of a mystery. The only thing is, I suspect a fair amount of max users don't use autocad so a) they may not have the ability to edit the dwg file but b) even if they had autocad, they may not be very fluent in it. So maybe explain things a little more in the autocad section.

Might even be worth making a tutorial to work directly on a dwg file inside max for those who don't have autocad. Maybe.

Anywho, keep making the tutorials. Would be great to see you make a complete building out of the plans. Also, put your stuff on youtube too if it's not already - get more exposure.

Cheers.