Problem with simulens

andreasjoerg

Hello,

currently I try out Maxwell render and it's a realy great tool. But i'm not able to get simulens working. I did it like in the documentation. I rendered an image, stopped rendering and turned scattering on (after that I messed around with the value of it). But nothing works. So I loaded an aperture and obstacle map and tried out the other lens effects. But nothing did happen. I think the demo-version supports simulens. My keylight is in the top-right corner of the rendered image and points directly into the camera. The source lightens the scene very well, so scattering should happen in real-life.

Scince I already spent hours with the problem, I would be very glad, if someone would have a solution :)

Hi,

thank you very much for the reply, but i did click "refresh", but nothing happens. If I made an error: here is the rendered scene:

uhrInterieur.jpg

The orange lightsource is a plane, the normal points towards the camera.

Edited by andreasjoerg

After you sent me your scene file I noticed a few things that could be adjusted. Remember that Simulens does better with strong lights.

The emitter material should never have to be 100000 watts. I think what's wrong here is that your efficacy was so low. Think of it as a way to measure how effective the watts are. Therefore, stronger efficacy values should carry more light to your camera. You should aim to keep watts below 1000 and play with efficacy to get the correct lighting.

Also you have strange camera exposure settings. Change the ISO to 300 or 400 and that will let you have a more reasonable f-stop.

I couldn't actually render your scene because it was missing a bunch of textures and other files, so I couldn't verify this solution, but give it a try and hopefully it will work.