hdri sky

reneweicker

hello,

I´m trying to use a dosch hdri for IBL, but however the sky appears gray not blue!?

I use a spherical map in background channel, also in the other channels exept of illumination.

So where´s the mistake? Isn´t it that simple?

Could someone help me?

thx

hmm... What's your camera like? Do you have vignette on? Try a very straight forward setting of: F = 11 or 16, ISO = 100, Shutter Speed = 100. Vignette, off, exposure on (obviously), and set the white balance to neutral.

Also, try placing the map (start back at 1.0) into a vray dome light instead of the environment/background menu. As long as the dome lights had "invisible" un-ticked, you should be able to see it. You can also drop a jpeg of the image (set to spherical) into the Environment overrides for GI and Ref.

People also supplement the direct lighting with a sun on reduced intensity, but you should be able to get this working without that.

I set the camera setting like you said. Intensitylevel 10 in background channel, cause I don´t know how to map the dome sky (it´s maxwell not vray...) it doesn´t seem to have a map channel...or I don´t know how to manage it.

This guy had the same problem .. http://forums.cgarchitect.com/26601-hdri-skies-vray-sky-rendered-greyish.html .. but with vray. So, is there a similar button/checkbox in maxwell?

inten_10_f16_isoshut100.jpg

EDIT: To be clear, is this Maxwell or Vray?

This is my fault. I use the "Today's Post" category instead of searching specific forums. I'm sorry to cause confusion. I need to be better about checking the topics before I jump in like I know what's going on.

The category is Maxwell. I brought up the VRay business.