Sketching and doodling

Justin Hunt

As far back as I can remember I have always been sketching. Over the past few years I have been using Post-it Note pads to doodle on while waiting for renders to happen. They are small scribbles and often I dont have any idea what I am going to draw when I start.

I have been collecting these for a while now and thought it might be fun to share some of them.

Why not add some of yours too

I have some more on my Flickr Page http://www.flickr.com/photos/68572479@N08/sets/72157629253410631/

Tree-small.jpg

over the canopy.jpg

Kelp forrest_small.jpg

Cottage_Small.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

hmm nice nicnic & justin.

I used to sketch a lot.Today after checking this thread i realized how good that time was when i used to sketch.

I've lots of rough sketches..:D.. but I am not sure if you guys like it or not.Almost every sketch has story behind it.

The first one is when i was studying architecture, there was one exercise with an inking pen/rendering pen or whatever it is called.You've to hold the pen almost perpendicular to the pad else it breaks(it was bit pricy then).Inspiration came from a photo of a girl in a book.The image was pixelated and that was what i needed.I just started to make those pixels into dots with inking pen and it took me whole night.

The second image has two girls in the same pose.I don't know why i used to refine my skills on her by drawing her over and over again...:)

The third image is when i was away from my home for the first time for my bachelors.It was mother's day so drew this as i was missing my mom badly.

The last one has some cartoon sketches.I used to buy a magazine, i think you are all familiar, it is called GAG(if i still remember...I am not sure though)

I've more of rough sketches like these :o.let me know if you guys want to see.

Thanks,

Abhay.

7 copy copy.jpg

dream girl.jpg

12 copy.jpg

some cartoons.jpg

The reason I got into Architecture and Visualization is because I've always loved sketching and drawing. I wanted to be a comic book artist initially and my favorite comic book artists were and still are Ken Steacy, Arthur Adams and Jim Lee

005.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

004.jpg

house1.jpg

Edited by hockley91

Here are some more sketches I've worked on....I really really really wanted to be a comic book artist in my early 20's. I got an interview with Antarctic Press in San Antonio and they said my work wasn't "professional" enough. Their main claim to fame is Ninja High School.

10.jpg

6.JPG

3.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by hockley91

Nice.How old are these ?? I am feeling like I should start sketching again.

Ha! Well, these are very old.....mid 1990's when I was in college. I still had a dream that this could be something I could pursue professionally. I draw all the time still...doodle...sketch. I draw for my kids now. They want me to draw Spiderman, Iron Man, Captain America....I drew Captain America last weekend on a table that you could draw on for my kids...they loved it. I let them color him and stuff. I hope they get the drawing talent also. In any case, it helps me considerably in Architecture to sketch and visualize things.