Help me!!

arifrahman

Hi all,

I am a vfx artist, but i want to switch to 3d architectural work. please let me know where to start, about the available opportunities and career in this field in india and abroad and what all qualification do i require to enter in this field do i need to learn auto cad or require some engineering degree?

Waiting for your reply guys.

You need to have a rough understanding of architecture and the basic ability to be able to navigate a set of construction blueprints. An architecture or related degree helps, but isn't required. However, it's more and more required if you want to work for an actual architecture firm. The viz studios are a little more lenient on degree requirements.

What software do you know? What do you want to do in this field? It's a pretty broad field, even as far as visualization goes.

Take a look at the CGArchitect job board for some rough qualifications companies are looking for.

Hi scott,

Thanks for your reply,

I have knowledge maya, nuke, pf track, Photoshop and silhouette currently learning max i dont know whether my past set of skills is useful in architect or not i have 2 years of experience in visual effects. You mentioned it is a broad field please let me know what all things comes under it.

This will help me a lot.