Any luck with Vue10 ?

M V

Anyone even using Vue10 XStream for arch/viz production with VRay effectively? Seems that iToo and GrowFX dominate this market right now. I have used Vue Studio but that thing is almost useless. So many limitations that its not worth using for production work.

well, to be honest I haven´t tried Vue10 yet, I am on an older Vue infinite license. I try to do most stuff directly within Cinema4D and AR or Vray. Thanks to instancing it´s not a big problem to render thousands of detailed plants. I usually only would use it for large scale landscapes and for the sky. And sometimes for fun.

Since instancing came to Cinema4D, I am using Vue not as much as I did before. Also because I always had problems with stability when testing XStream. One thing that I always would suggest with Vue - try it on your machine! To me it seems that Vue runs fine on some machines, and really bad on others.

I also have not used Vue10 though I have used Vue in the past. If I were doing an animation I would go with Vue as you can get some great effects like trees swaying/clouds moving etc. real easy. For static images I pretty much just use Forest pack Pro to do my vegetation.