HDRI question

Tommy L

Does resampling HDR files speed up the render time? If so, with what kind of ratio. If resampling a Dosch HDRI Environment map, Can i only do this in HDRshop and is it just a case of resizing the image? If so, what size should i change it to? Any help much appreciated.

Does resampling HDR files speed up the render time? If so, with what kind of ratio. If resampling a Dosch HDRI Environment map, Can i only do this in HDRshop and is it just a case of resizing the image? If so, what size should i change it to? Any help much appreciated.

I think your only benefit will be less ram. But that depends on what you are using to render. If you are using a raytracing system, it is going to shoot just as many rays, so your benefit will only be ram.

As far as HDRI editing, HDRshop is free for non commercial use. I think it is $100 if you want to use it for commercial use. There are some other programs out there that you can use. While I have not used it, Photogenics is a program that is also available. Don't know much more about it, sorry...

http://www.idruna.com/photogenicshdr.html