Help with Spotlight on Vray Material

williamcai

Hello, this is my first post as well as being a beginner to the viz scene.

Somehow the lighting doesn't show on the texture, but it still illuminates the scene, but if I switch it to just normal max materials, it shows up. Somebody please tell me why or what I am doing wrong?!

failed spotlight.jpg

Thanks in Advance

spot light on standard material.png

You need to post more settings. But as far as I see, the first image is overblown and colors have been clamped. You can clearly see the textures in the shaded area of the floor. Try adjusting your light intensity from total black and work your way up.

Hey thanks for the quick response, trying it and is still not helping yet... I've attached the light settings and more info to what i meant.

the first image shows it being rendered in the light cache phase, then it just disappears on the prepass. (primary -irridance map, secondary light cache), but clearly it still bounces the light. Now when I do it on standard material, the 4th image, the light shows up. Sorry I am not an expert at this, only started learning 2 weeks ago... yeah... weird..

scrren 4.JPG

edit: 1 last image... the default box is sitting directly on top of the road, you can see it recieving light, but there not even shadow being casted.Capture.JPG

screen 1.jpg

screen 2.JPG

screen 3.JPG

Edited by williamcai

Ok I have solved this problem by loading a book's vray settting preset and tweaked it and the lights showed up fine, however, I still would love to know what error I have made to make me use a 1/6 shutter speed with a 3 f-stop camera. Using the new preset I am using a 1/60 shutterspeed with 3f-stop

I have uploaded the 2 configurations in the zip - the first one is completely messed up somehow

the second one is good to use, I've set it up to be quite fast so I guess this is the first contribution I'll be making to the site, lol =)

Vray Exterior Setting (for debug only).zip

Hi WIlliam,

How are you ?

Your .rps file is crashing my max.Can you upload a max file with your bg+road+box+light & camera ??

Are you using unsupported materials with vray(like arch. material) ? Does "vray message" window shows any error when you render your scene??

The max file is quite big, 32mb, but it wasnt just with the road or that particular scene, I tried to shine it anywhere and it didn't work at all. Then I just made a completely new document and made 2 boxes and gave it blank vray material and shined any light on it, and it still didnt work.

And the only warning I get is a green message that says "light ray cache is for glossy rays. It is recommended to turn on light cache retracing". I am using 64bit Max2013 with Vray 2.3.01

Edited by williamcai

Ok I have solved this problem by loading a book's vray settting preset and tweaked it and the lights showed up fine, however, I still would love to know what error I have made to make me use a 1/6 shutter speed with a 3 f-stop camera. Using the new preset I am using a 1/60 shutterspeed with 3f-stop

I have uploaded the 2 configurations in the zip - the first one is completely messed up somehow

the second one is good to use, I've set it up to be quite fast so I guess this is the first contribution I'll be making to the site, lol =)

[ATTACH]48280[/ATTACH]

Well, 1/6 shutter speed is quite a lot of light for a 3.0 f-Stop. Maybe that's why.