1351785545.jpg

Studio/Institution: N/A
Genre: Residential Interior
Software: Blender, Photoshop
Description:

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the industry and I'm looking for some feedback. This is my second go at arc viz work and my first interior project. This wasn't for a client, but simply a portfolio piece. I would love to hear some of your thoughts and suggestions. As always, thank you for your time in reading and responding.

Here is a link to my last project. I know they are quite different, but I hope some improvement is notable.

http://forums.cgarchitect.com/72012-its-all-about-birds.html

-Ryan

• 2 months later...

The clean lightness of this one made it stand out among the other WIPs and I wanted a closer look. If this is your second rendering, you are are on your way.

There are things you could do to give it more life and variation in the lighting, such as having a sunbeam coming through the window and lighting up the room on the other side of the doors. However, my main suggestion is to look at this as a "job" not just a portfolio rendering. Ask yourself: "what part of this room would the designer want to feature?" The straight-on camera view sends the eye right to the end of the hall. This view would work if there was something interesting or mysterious the viewer was being lead to. But what's down at the end really isn't that important. The bright window at the end of the hall makes it even more of an eye-magnet. So I suggest doing more views of this scene to see what it can turn into.

I agree, if this is your second project you off to a great start. It's an interesting composition, but the image is lacking contrast. It's very bright overall, what if the end of the hall were darker and the foreground room were bright? I think that could help shift the focus from the end of the hall, and add some more depth to the scene. Also the white paint is too clean, some wood grain bump texture, dirt, or contact shadows could help add realism to it. Very nice work overall.