Excluding illumination?

bully712

I have two lights in my scene. One for the overall light, and one for just shadow casting. Under the modifier panel for my shadow casting light, I excluded all my objects from illumination. When I rendering my scene, there are no shadows, and it illuminated my scene.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Marc

Hi bully712,

Have you tried copying the shadow casting light in your scene with the multiplier set to the exact reverse and shadows off, that way you dont even have to exclude objects from getting light (for example multiplier of original shadow casting light =1 then set the copied shadow casting light to -1 and turn shadow casting off). Thats the way I always do it in 3D Studio Max, dont know if it works in VIZ. Included is a quick setup done in 3D Studio Max 6, again I dont know if it will open in VIZ.

it depends on the light type u r using, i think u use omni for ur scene, well.. i think u should decrease the multiplier for the illumenating one and increase it for the shadow casting one. on the other hand i prefer u fine out other light types like direct & spots to use in ur scene, it gives more realism results.

i'm not an expert and still learning, but i think that will help u solve the prob.

Regards ;)