Wall Cladding need help

ericchan

Hi all!

I'm new and currently studying Revit. Rigth now I'm having a project designing my own house. I need some tips regarding wall cladding.

I'd like to create a wall with vertical wall cladding like the one in the website below.

http://archinspire.org/modern-house-design-sloping-site-garden-loop-concept/

Then I wonder how I can create it. Have searched around on the Internet and there are tons of different opinions so I'm quite lost.

Some saying curtain wall and some saying reveal/sweep. I wonder which method should I use if I want this cladding to be shown on the blueprint after plotting. I've considered doing it in 3DS but then it won't be visible on the blueprint.

Any tips would be appreciated :D

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I think a curtain wall with custom mullion will do the trick. Create the curtain wall and attach the top to the roof above or floor. Then create manually draw in the curtain grid. I can't tell by the images on the site, but if the mullions are rotated to give a random pattern instead of perfectly perpendicular to the curtain wall then just create a handful of mullion profiles that are skewed. Then add them in one by one. This would definitely show up in the plan.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all!

I'm new and currently studying Revit. Rigth now I'm having a project designing my own house. I need some tips regarding wall cladding.

I'd like to create a wall with vertical wall cladding like the one in the website below.

http://archinspire.org/modern-house-design-sloping-site-garden-loop-concept/

Then I wonder how I can create it. Have searched around on the Internet and there are tons of different opinions so I'm quite lost.

Some saying curtain wall and some saying reveal/sweep. I wonder which method should I use if I want this cladding to be shown on the blueprint after plotting. I've considered doing it in 3DS but then it won't be visible on the blueprint.

Any tips would be appreciated :D

Thanks

Did you get this sorted?