Mental Ray Test

mohamedberry

Guys, thanx for ur previous advise & tips... today i tried mental ray render engine, i liked its speed, put still couldnt improve the quality of the scene... i used MR shadows & renderer, all materials are standard VIZ matlib, please advise.

Ps. please give me specific moves to improve ;)

Regards :rolleyes:

the first image is a MR rendered, the second is the default scanline

hi,

honnestly the lighting is not really good. but for firstimer, u have a good try. currently, i am using radiosity for my job and haven't try MR yet. right now, radiosity still capable and result still promising. i can't give any suggestion coz u used MR and i am not. But for overall lighting need alot of tweak and adjust. ;)

good luck.

hi! there is something bothering me with the cupboards. Since it is made up of wood why reflection? Secondly i think there is something wrong with your camera position. Since the sofas don't seem right. And thirdly overall lighting is very dark. You could put an "ambient only" omni to prevent the darkness. I think before learning the photorealistic lights, you should understand how the non-photo s work.

But overall you are on the right way. But just keep trying.

thanx for your replies guys... orcar5, i used a wide angled camera to view the maximum area of the room, and thats why there is a big distortion in the perspective.

i got confused faking radiosity so i decided to stop using many light sources and use only tow or three direct lights then use the GI indirect illumination (Vray or MentalRay) to lighten my scene, but as u mensioned, it seams its not enough, i think i have to use one omni with abient only. i saw many tutorials for lighting and i'm trying to figer out wich way is better, my target is to achieve a photorealism scene.

many thanx ;)