Creating a shiny and reflective facade + general comments

georgeworton

ModelCG.jpg

Hi Everyone,

Please could someone offer tips/advice criticism to my current project in relation to having my facade shiny - ideally constructed with aluminium cladding panels. I have been trying but cant get the realistic look im wanting!

Also, any general comments that I can use how to improve the picture I keep on at it?

Thanks a million

Ok. Then I'm not the best guy to advise. My experience in SU is next to none. However, I advise you to google for some good tutorials about archviz with your software.

One thing I've learned is that there is no good or bad software, but it all depends on how you use it. If the adverts display some really cool images, it means it is possible.

Good luck!

Yes I agree that the camera should be moved down and to the side, the actual camera does not show any depth or form to the building, with that in mind, kerkythea is a good render but shiny metals are all about reflections, and surface. Your scene is very empty so nothing to reflect, you can fix all this inside Photoshop any ways, I would start with a light gray material in the facade, overlay a B/W gradient in top, play with transparency, to add color variety, then add a environment image on top, apply blur effect to it and adjust transparency, then with a soft brush create some accent with a soft white and blues to simulate glossiness, you can change mode to dodge or similar. Use pictures as references all the time.

https://www.google.com/search?q=aluminium+cladding+panels&sugexp=chrome,mod%3D11&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=AvC3UM_AFqOziQKnxIHwBw&biw=1170&bih=957&sei=BPC3UP3UI67EiwKYuIGICQ