bad architecture images

salf

Yeah some were rather impressive. I would love to model some of them. I think "bad" architecture is really what you see in the suburbs, urban sprall and countless strip malls. Most of the buildings in the Bad Architecture site at least were interesting and some had a sense of humor. cant go wrong there.

There were some bad images in there, but I don't thing necessarily bad architecture. Bad architecture does not respond to site conditions. It lives in a world of its own with no interest in the surroundings. Bad architecture is not understanding the use of material, or spacial relationships. Bad architecture is inadequate use of natural light. Bad architecture is the cookie cutter response to the lack of housing. I could go on and on.

-Jason

Those are really bad... I know that some of you may think otherwise, but the problem is that the world has SO much bad architecture, especially the US, that it is extreemly sad that we have a hard time seeing how bad they are. A simple try to europe can put thing in perspective sometimes.

architectural design has taken a HUGE hit based on two main factors the Developer (who will see how little design he/she can get awya with), and the "facility manager" usually a bad architect that could not make as a designer but is a good architect. He/she will make all the design choices presented by the architect to present to the developer or owner of the property. These people have the same principles that say that adding crown molding from home depo will raise the value of your house.

The frustration I got from this extreemly poor corporate achitecture office parks is a BIG reason that I left architecuture to go into film where innovative design is considered a quality.