Render node problem

komyali

I've read old posts on forum but didn't find solution.

Have two computers main and render node, connected direct with lan on homegroup lan connection, render node controled from main (teamwiever), problem is with my materials althouh they are in shared folder on main computer ?

here is test with cube :D

white is render node

3ds max 2012 x 64

vray 2.3

also have backburner on render node and main, but I am not sure they are the same :)

please help need more power for trees :D

problem.jpg

It sounds like your computers are talking to each other and that is half the battle. Now, check to make sure that you can access your maps folder through the render node by navigating through the network. If you can, then make sure that all maps in the scene are using relative paths and not absolute paths. You can do this easily using the asset manager under the references tab of the application menu. Set the maps so they go through the network to get to the maps folder and not "Desktop" or "C:".

Also, there is very little use for backburner if you use vray. The only real advantage is that you can assign renderings to different machines while working on others. Instead, I would suggest using the distributed rendering from Vray instead. When doing this, you need to register vray as a service on all nodes and workstations. Then launch the Vray DR Spawner. Both of these commands are accessible from the Chaos Group menu under the start menu.

tnx for your fast reply but almost everything that I knew :)

"Now, check to make sure that you can access your maps folder through the render node by navigating through the network." also checked before I post this also made option so I can go through network from node to main and change delete or write document on main.

But I found what was problem

On Customize>Configure user Path and Add folders and paths on render node :D

it worked with this cube but big scene crashed, I will find what is the problem.

"If you can, then make sure that all maps in the scene are using relative paths and not absolute paths"

Can you please describe me what is diference I really didnt understand :)

Also when rendering with backburner it render just with one computer... (selcted all) (use all) but it is just one other one is idle, with vray works.

Second question is do I need one clean backburner render before vray distributed rendering?

An absolute path is like "C:\Program Files\Autodesk". It refers directly to a particular location. The problem with this is that the render node will look to its "C:\Program Files\Autodesk" instead of the workstation.

Instead, use a relative path like this example "\\Workstation\Users\YourNameHere\Program Files\Autodesk". You essentially search through the network instead of the local computer.

If you use backburner, you will have to render a scene successfully before you can use it for Vray. Like I said, use Vray distributed rendering instead.

Still have bigger problem, have no idea what is happening. When I open scene on my main computer, render node can't find neither one map or proxy from main computer, but then I opened scene on render node, over network (from main computer) and it rendered ok (needed to find one map and reload) and everything works fine? Some help here, I have poor graphic on render node dont want to open scenes on node. Can see all folders and subfolder from node to main...

secon question is irradiance map and light cache when it is rendering on distributed rendering although two CPU-s are on 100% cant see buckets of one computer on irradiance map, when it start final rendering all 20 buchets are there?

It sounds like your main comp is not allowing permissions but the render node is. Try manually adding the username of your render node to the permissions of your main computer's folder. You can do this by right-clicking the folder you want to share and under the sharing tab click Share. Then type the username of the render node into the box and click add. I have a network setup in which every single computer has the username called "RenderSlave". That way I only had to add one permission in the box.

As far as the IR map goes, depending on the version of vray, you can run the IR map calcs using all machines and you should see all buckets. It will consolidate all passes into one pass (I believe). But if the computers are not talking correctly then you may want to disable DR until after you run the calcs. Also, LC does not compute on more than one comp.