Vray MultiMatte element + After effects

CEJ1976

Hi,

I'm just wondering whats the best workflow for extracting a mask/matte from the Vraymultimatte render element in After effects?

My pass has an RGB for some different objects in my scene, but I would now like to use the R, G & B channels as adjustment masks in After effects??

Thanks.

You can also just use an effect called "Set Matte." It allows you to select the anny channel from whatever layer you want and use it as a matte. I usually put a multi-matte at the bottom of the comp stack and turn it off. Then where ever I want to use it I apply a Set Matte and select the color channel, inverting if necessary.

You can also just use an effect called "Set Matte." It allows you to select the anny channel from whatever layer you want and use it as a matte. I usually put a multi-matte at the bottom of the comp stack and turn it off. Then where ever I want to use it I apply a Set Matte and select the color channel, inverting if necessary.

Just about to type set matte. Same workflow as corey

Means you dont have 101 similar layers just for masks. It can get pretty messy quickly

Good to know guys, thanks.