Asian Cairns by Vincent Callebaut

A bit of a recycled idea but I hope one of these "green skyscrapers" gets built in a city that can benefit from it. I think the renderings would be better if the skyscrapers were shown in a more congested urban environment where they can stand out as an oasis of greenery contrasting the regular steel/glass/concrete we normally see in a city. The other renderings on the website show that the site is basically a forest, it seems a little redundant to place these really really expensive greenscrapers there. Ok done ranting now.

I read this article yesterday which I found quite amusing :)http://www.archdaily.com/346374/can-we-please-stop-drawing-trees-on-top-of-skyscrapers/

Good article, although it only talks about trees exposed to the elements, and not trees that live inside the building. The other thing that the rendering above has done is include vertical wind turbines at every level, that's something you see a lot in renderings of green skyscrapers nowadays; trees and wind turbines in ludicrous positions. I've done work on vertical farms so this is a familiar subject to me. I find the whole topic fascinating.