Lost two harddrives on new computer

Hmmmm RAM memory is a pain also, because you never think that could be the problem.

We had bought a 512 memory stick once and everything worked fine for a few months. Then strange things started happening. Programs wouldn't run and sometimes the computer would hang in windows for no apparent reason.

We all thought it was the hard drive or that windows was corrupt. We reformatted and then tried to install windows, to no avail, it wouldn't finish the installation.

After days and days of frustration, I finally took out the memory sticks and put in a new one. Everything worked great after that! No problems! Even to this day that same computer works just fine.

We returned the defective memory to Altex here in San Antonio and they gave us a replacement part.

It's amazing all the different systems that can fail.

I guess if the manufacturers made parts that didn't fail, then they'd be out of business huh?

The clue here was the "failure to copy file" and "bad image file" errors I got when I tried to install. Setup copies files to RAM during installation and that pipeline was the hangup, not the drives or the install disk.