question in extrude-path

kicks

i suggest that you brake the line segments.

the position of the shape is also relevant to your path.

my guess is that you created a 3d poly then you put the segments into different xyz values.

suggest that you post a screenie so that we can evaluate more.

Hi kicks, have u tried it in a closed spline?

i suggest that you reposition your path to the outer most part of the shape.

still it wont work, i suggest that you reposition the shape it self along the path.

hope this suggestions will work.

*naa gyud usahay bai na mulabyog ang shape along the path. i-adjust lang ang path.

The thing that works for me is to put a break in the extrude path, just so it isn't a closed polyline anymore, somewhere on one of the straight segments. Once you extrude, just use the "extrude face" command under the solids editing, and you can close the gap that you have. I seem to have much less problems with open polylines than closed.

-Chad

I have encountered this problem in the past when trying to extrude moulding for millwork. It stretches as it goes around those complex corners. I tried extruding my shapes in pieces, and the distortion was not as noticable, but I did not find a way around it. I think it is a limitation of autocad. It sucks, but if someone can fix it, I would like to know how.

You could also try to extrude two shapes, one being a solid block, and the other being the part that you want to subtract from the solid block leaving you with your desired profile. It seems like an extra couple of steps, but it might work. I had this problem mostly when the profiles were on the outside radius of my path. I had not thought to try this until just now. So I can not attest to its effectiveness.