mrProxy created sideways.?

Cesar R

I am trying to make a few grass blades and trying out proxy objects.

However whenever I write the proxy object it gets created sideways. Can anyone please assist me?

What is weird is that if I use a teapot to go through the motions, it gets created properly.

MRPROXY_zps26cba5e0.jpgGRASS_SHORT.zip

I have attached the original file some if anyone is interested.

I think when you did start modeling your grass blades you start from the top view, then rotate your grass blade to keep working on it so the original Z pivot then point x or y axes, what you can do when you finish modeling anything put it in the origin coordinate (0,0,0) apply resetXform and adjust the pivot to the base of the mesh or whatever the insert point you want, then convert to proxy, Vray also is a little sensible about it usually when you collapse several meshes in to one proxy, so is a good practice to put it at 0,0,0 coordinated before convert to proxy.

Had a quick look,

First you cant convert a group so collapse the geometry to a single object. I also got the proxie creating on its side. For some reason the objects Axis is messed up. So I created a plane and attached the blades to the plane. This reset the Axis. I then deleted the plane pollies and recreated the proxie and it came out correct.

If you give each blade an unique material ID then you can vary the colour of the leaves with a multi sub texture.

GRASS_SHORT fixed.zip

Thanks for the responses guys.

Justin that is a a very good trick !! ;) and as you can see I have not given up on my design project rendering.

A little bit of background, I made the grass blade in the front view from a box (moving vertices etc). Then I applied the modifiers etc.

I have a question, in which view did you make the plane?

I think when you did start modeling your grass blades you start from the top view, then rotate your grass blade to keep working on it so the original Z pivot then point x or y axes, what you can do when you finish modeling anything put it in the origin coordinate (0,0,0) apply resetXform and adjust the pivot to the base of the mesh or whatever the insert point you want, then convert to proxy, Vray also is a little sensible about it usually when you collapse several meshes in to one proxy, so is a good practice to put it at 0,0,0 coordinated before convert to proxy.

I did not know about resetXform. Thank you !!