Glass Problem in Vray

Hi, Im a newbie using sketchup vray rendering. Im using Sketchup7 vray v 01.05.30. i just wanna have some advise in regards with my glass material in rendering and settings.. ive already read some tutorials but i really cant solve this problem.. the sunlight couldn't penetrate the glass material it creates shadow.. ive already checked the affect shadow & affect alpha as what the toturial says but its not working.. plss help me.. thanks a lot.

1.jpg

Hey Ismon, don't know about sketchup (as yet:)), but transparency is all about letting light pass/go through substance, and in that case you do NOT get/expect reflection, what I see in your image. Of course its degree/percentage may vary, but then you also get shadow, however, weak and depleted, of that object. In max's V-Ray its in the reflection refraction settings. You may want to check those on your side. Hope this is helpful.

If the glass has a refraction layer, you need to check Affect Shadows" for light to pass. On another note - 1.05.30???? you gotta update this thing man. Public Beta for 1.60 is out. Lots of great new features.

I like glass with settings like, 98% reflection and 98% refraction, fresnel reflection with an IoR of 1.52 or so, and either colorless, or with a very slight fog color, althoug I can't remember if it was available in 1.05..make sure you have at least reflection and refraction layers, etc. and use the fresnel map in both too..

• 4 weeks later...

1.jpgHey guys,

I have a problem with glass materials, I can't see the original material of the wall through the glass window, originally it's blue but when I render it seems to be white, I don't know if it's about reflections or something. Please help me! I've trying to figure out what is really happening but I have no solution for now :(

Thanks a lot.

PD:I hope you understand me, my english sucks a little bit.

1A.jpg

Hi Tony,

I have the same problem. Just wondered if you have got any advise or managed to solve the issue?

I have been trying to solve this for a while but as I am pretty new with Vray, I have no clue!

Thanks

Mika

Hi Mika!

Well, I got the solution for this, I just realized that the faces of the model weren't well-oriented. I fixed it with this plugin called Front Face, you can find it here: http://www.tomaszmarek.eu/sketchup_1.html and here is a little tutorial of how to use it,

is in spanish, sorry, I didn't find it in english but it's easy to understand.

I hope you can solve this problem soon!

Tony.

Hi Tony,

I have the same problem. Just wondered if you have got any advise or managed to solve the issue?

I have been trying to solve this for a while but as I am pretty new with Vray, I have no clue!

Thanks

Mika

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your reply!

Really useful to know about this.

As I am using MAC, I will find out if this plug in has a mac version or find something similar.

I noticed that there was something wrong with the model I was working on which was causing the problem. I had exactly the same model I saved in a different name and that worked OK so I used this model instead.

Good luck with your rendering!

Mika

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your reply!

Really useful to know about this.

As I am using MAC, I will find out if this plug in has a mac version or find something similar.

I noticed that there was something wrong with the model I was working on which was causing the problem. I had exactly the same model I saved in a different name and that worked OK so I used this model instead.

Good luck with your rendering!

Mika

Glad to hear that !