Artifacts when saving jpeg jpg files

Hi, I have finished post-production in PS on a render, but when I save it as a jpeg for my portfolio, the jpg artifacts are extremely strong. There was also a color corruption on the image, but I've managed to get rid of that by saving as either "Internet Standard RGB" or "Use Document Profile" as preview. Ill illustrate my problems by uploading a comparison.

The left image shows the saved jpg with artifacts. There seems to be more "noise/contrast" especially in the color of the bed and the blacks are also darker, twisting the whole look of the final image. Any thoughts? I guess it has something to do with color setup/proof setup in PS but I've tried googling and Im no wiser yet so I thought I'd try here.

Untitled-1dada.jpg

Render again with decreased map on the bed texture since the texture does not show the same at glancing angles, it will fix the front facing grit. The problem is there in the original and it gets accentuated with the tone mapping and saving in lower resolution.

Also try to make sure you do all corrections before you make your save. Saving and re-saving over a jpeg produces those artifact on renders. So, avoid saving till you're sure all adjustments are made on the image then you can save as jpeg. Another method will be to work on the file and save as psd. When you're done you can flatten and save as jpegs. A value of 9 is quite ok without increasing the file size unnecessarily.

Cheers

Hi, let me clarify, I doubt this has anything to do with my render application settings, this is strictly saving out a jpg image from my finished post-production in PS. I don't work on JPGs. The raw format is 16 bit tiffs and I save the whole project as a .psd.

• 2 weeks later...