Hi all!

One of our work (http://www.cgarchitect.com/2012/09/modern-villa2) has been stolen and used without permission or copyright in this website http://apexsmartcontrol.com/ (the 8th image).

I wrote the email address of the website but no responses taken. Also contacted the person who has designed website. He responds back where he say it is not his responsibility the website's content but only the develop and design, but hi give me the email of the owner of the website. I wrote to him but no respons!

What can i do?

Give them a call, and threaten legal advice. They'll probably just remove it. To be honest I wouldn't be too worried as the company isn't in the field of CG visualisations, and their website is soooo poor, I still don't really understand what they do!!

It is very annoying, and also illegal, but it's not something to spend hours and money trying to put right. The best approach would be to call them every hour until they remove the image, they'll soon realise it's going to be easier to remove the image than deal with your calls.

You could also see who hosts the website (perhaps it's the web designer?) and threaten them with legal action for hosting a copy righted image.

yes...and they didnt changed the filename..the Webdesigners name is "Artisam" wich is obviously a copy of the "Artisan" plugin for Sketchup.

well, what can u do? not much, post this on all 3D webpages..maybe the other pictures are copies too and you can do something with the other artist!

Along with, or before sending the legal notice maybe offer to license it to them for a few hundred bucks. I doubt they would go for it, but you could present it as either pay up or take it down. Who knows, you might just get lucky.

It's not a perfect solution, but is a thought when sending your images out into the world...

If you start to complete your images by embedding your artist information and company name into the meta data of the image, you should be able to start searching for your images to avoid this type of thing and you will have a better proof of ownership. There are plenty of ways around this for the thief, but my thought is based in the idea that someone stealing images in this way is a moron anyhow and is not likely to fix this.

It should also make you name/company more searchable online.

Beside this, I like Eric's idea. get your due before spending time and energy fighting with them. It's a nice image, it should be shown.

Corey - does Google etc. index metadata that you can then search, or are you referring to another method?

dardanvukaj - how did you come across this misuse? I'm just curious how other people are discovering this sort of thing. The only time I've found out about it was after a company contacted me and asked for a higher resolution version for print (of the image they originally stole for their web site) :)

I guess I would be flattered initially. Then I would try to get paid for the use of my image. You can try to threaten legal action, but unless you have a lawyer write a cease and desist letter to the website owners, it may not go very far.

Funny, the company is out of Dubai, not like they don't have the money to pay for images. Losers.

Edited by valerostudio

Corey - does Google etc. index metadata that you can then search, or are you referring to another method?

dardanvukaj - how did you come across this misuse? I'm just curious how other people are discovering this sort of thing. The only time I've found out about it was after a company contacted me and asked for a higher resolution version for print (of the image they originally stole for their web site) :)

Eric, i searched with Google, in image category with the image Url. In the search result I found where my image was published.

• 2 weeks later...