emissive materials with pattern not rendering properly

evasasu

so i added a image for color and one for transparency but on render sometimes the images shows up very small other times it does not show up only as one color and i believe scale is not the issue since i did not scale the object to smaller size and it previously showed up

Sounds like its an issue with UVW mapping. SketchUp doesn't really have a great UVW system. If you are using a texture in a slot other than diffuse, you need to have a copy of it in a diffuse layer so you can see it in SU in order to get the scaling correct. either that, or you have to play with the tiling in the map parameters until it looks correct.

tiling in map parameters is 1 i think (a bit confused about all the tileing options htere but they are all set to 1 or 0 ) and even though i apply the map in a diffuse it still does not show in su editing tab. Could it be the fact my v ray is a older version?

The map that is placed in diffuse will be the one that shows up in the SU window. This is the only map that is going to control your UVW mapping. Currently in VR4SU you cannot control the other maps UVW independently. As long as the diffuse map matches the others, they will tile correctly. If you are using a different map, you need to adjust the UVW tiling in the map parameters. For example, if the bump map is half the scale of the diffuse map you are using, then you need to the UVW to 2 so that it will tile 2 bump maps per diffuse.

• 2 weeks later...