Octane Render & Vegetation

muhamedthufail

Hi all,

I was recently looking into octane render . And it seems much faster with my brand new Quadro 4000. I was wondering whether if its possible to work with forest pack or any other vegetation/scatter plugins in octane.

i tried to render with forest pack but its not visible in it.

Then i thought about trying with advancepainter but it adds too much poly's in my scene, am working on a huge villa project.

Can anybody please shed some light on this topic ? ..

Thanks in advance..

I am not an user of Octane render, specific answers you'll find them on Octane's user forum.

All what I can tell you is Octane like all other GPU renders, depend on your Video Card memory, some of them can swap some textures to the RAM or CPU but most of them rely of GPU memory, Quadro 4000 has 2Gb memory so big scale project will not fit in this card, extra plugins will also not work with GPU renders, some of them have their own scatter or proxy system, please refers to Otoy website to get specific compatibility of your hardware/software.

Should read that before start the project on Octane hum?

:p

Thank you Francisco ... I'l keep that in mind.

I've already posted in their forum but none of them seemed to reply. Guess i'l have to send a mail to their support team or so.. :/

2GB not enough ? :o Most of the plots are empty .. i dont have to show the buildings and all

Its all about vegetation and the layout and landscaping ..

Thank you scott ,

I tried the latest version of forest pack and octane only supports its 'by default' library items .. i usually do the vegetation by using archmodels along with forest pack ..

Rendering vegetation is taking longer than i expected in Vray , but Octane works like charm ;)

Can you please share a tutorial or some link to render vegetation as seperate render pass .. if there's any ?