6GB GTX TITAN or 2x 3GB gtx 780 FOR VRAY RT GPU

Yes, I do own the Titan.

The stock cooler on the Titan (and 780 series) is very very good. Keeps the card running 70oC or less regardless of load.

I had my Titan running 24/7 almost for the last 8 or so months (F@H, VRay RT, Gaming), for a couple of months with the stock cooler and after that under water. The card doesn't seem to show any signs of wear - still overclocks as high as it did when I 1st got it, used I might add, tho I don't run it overclocked for F@H when I am away from the PC.

895181aa_pcfoo_foobox_024.jpeg

Edited by dtolios

so this answer is?
You mean as far as the OP goes?

Titan or 2x780?

The answer is simple: 2x 780s are faster for whatever you can fit in their buffer - that is the vast majority of scenes.

2x 780Ti will be even faster than both 2x 780 or 1x Titan or Titan black.

But once you "break" the 3GB Vram limit, Vray RT GPU doesn't become "Slower"...just fails to begin with.

So, for a fixed budget below $1200 or so, multiple cards (want to go 2x 780 or 3x 770 4GB) will be faster overall, as long as you can work with the smaller buffers and the higher power draw (for same generation/architecture/lithography cards, more speed = more power draw. No way around it, the 2nd thermodynamic law applies to "bit" engines too).