Vray/Sketchup pro8 TEMP ERROR

Hi guys,

I have a big problem and I cannot sort it out and its driving me insane, People keep saying its my ram but i just honestly don't believe that. I have a 16gb 1600ghz ram card and I know it doesn't usually exceed 6-8gb even if that! I have looked on many different forums and searches but nothing really helps specifically. Hopefully you guys can help.

Every time Igot render my final 3500x2500 res vray image it doesnt load up, followed by a error message that states:

"Unable to create report. Please verify there is enough space in your TEMP folder."

After this it crashes and closes down. it happens in every drawing file. any ideas? my spec is below.

i7k overclocked to 4.2ghz

16bg ram 1600ghz

240SSD

2tb HD

windows 7 ultimate

vray 1.49

Sketchup Pro 8

Thank you in advance for your help. I have a client waiting on results and I jsut cannot render. The filesize is about 70mb. I have had 200+mb files in the past that render with no issues. grrrrrrr

1 - It is memory. You're stuck in a 32 bit environment w SU, and this means so is V-Ray. It's not the size of the SU file as much that it's how much memory VR is trying to use to calc the rendering.

2 - Do you have any displacement materials? If so, this is most likely the culprit. Try increasing VR Dynamic memory limit. You may have them and not even know it. Double check.

3 - You can use the render to VRImage option to save on memory issues. This isn't always a guaranteed fix though.

4 - VR4SU 2.0 gives you access to 64 bit rendering through DR Spawner running locally on your machine. I would consider the upgrade because 2.0 is incredible.

Thank you for the reply. I was worried it would be forgotten about! Yes I think your right. I had a fair bit of memory usage on the model. I get this on reasonably big jobs and it's very irritating indeed. I'm looking at getting vray 2.0 but unfortunately I have to focus on finding the cash for it at the moment. Once I get vray 2.0 and start running renders through the dr spawner will this irradiate the memory issue completely? Can u tell me a little more about the dr spawner?

Thanks for your reply bud.

Chaos is running a special discount on VR4SU 2.0 if you are a freelancer.

With the new DR Spawner, you can open the 64 spawner on your local machine and tell VR to render to it but not to render inside of SU, so the 32 bit limit is eliminated.

64 bit.JPG

• 4 weeks later...