Sketchup proxy boundries

Red33

Hi everyone! I'm trying to scatter grass proxies in an area, however, they keep spreading to areas that I don't want them to. Any tips on how to get them to "respect" the boundry? I'm using the fur plugin to scatter them.

Yeah that's better. None of the attachments are valid however.

Without wanting to steal your thunder (I think using the components to faces plugin is quite handy for difficult terrain and your tutorial for creating meshes has probably been the biggest time saver yet, awesome work), have you seen David Brufau's latest tutorial on applying proxies? Is quite interesting, can be found on his facebook page, dbrenders if you don't already follow him. I actually do mine in the exact same manner as yourself.

Also, does that plugin allow for random rotation and any form of scaling? That's a big plus to both the fur plugin and component spray imo.

Thanks for the post!

I always use Chris Fulmers Random scale and rotate tool for my variations, so that's not a huge deal for me. I have found the Fur and the Component Sprayer to not work quite the way I like at times, but they are very good solutions for scattering. Hopefully iToo makes a SketchUp plugin one of these days!

And just to share the link the above mentioned tutorial,

http://www.dbrenders.net/?deeplink_referrer=socialB_facebook%2F#!SketchUp-scatter-proxy-creation-/c8xn/AA2EACC7-E9C6-4E6D-B88E-0627CDE99700

Edited by valerostudio