Kia Ora!

Hi all,

I'm Eliot, final year architecture student based in Wellington, New Zealand.

I've been practising as a draughtsman/designer for a few years. I discovered my passion for viz when I was studying arch technologies, using Archicad. Even the lightworks engine based in there was enough to get me excited on the potential of visualisation.

Skip forward a couple of years and I'm at university, learning again. I'd used sketchup fairly extensively by this stage so began using the vray plugin - and that was when the bug kicked in. Soon I was reading about bump maps, specularity, proxies... Hooked! I won't bother posting any of my work, it's a bit behind the rest of you - I've just purchased vray 2.0 anyway, so got a bit to work on.

I've since started a daily routine of checking all the "big name" sites such as Peter Guthrie, Bertrand Benoit etc and locally (New Zealand) Jamie Holmes and he and his business partner's site http://www.onetoonehundred.com/ and of course this fine forum/site too!

Anyhow, the next challenge is learning 3ds max which I'm fairly excited about.

I expect I'll be a watcher as opposed to a poster, but look forward to seeing what you lot produce.

Thanks

Eliot