The Creators Curse

Guest calumreid

It all depends on your attitude.

If you let it become dissatisfaction and frustration - then it's negative; a curse. But if you see it as having learned something and get excited about applying it to your next endeavor - then it's positive; growth.

Yeah, this one was excellent :- ) I kinda wondered which one did it.

Of course it's very true. It can be quite negative, sometimes the longer I work at something, the more I start to despise my own contribution and question my skills. Good part is I always look forward to next thing coming up.

well yes i dislike 95% of my personal work - the best bit is the process of working on it and finishing it.

after that I dont see the value in sitting back and admiring yourself.

as far as commercial work the more a client is involved the worse is becomes. this is a good general rule and reminds me that guiding the client is as important as making the work.

I love this topic.

I think this is a pretty positive aspect in creative thinking. The more you toil over something, the more flaws you see in it. This is why it's often very important to remove yourself from your work for a little bit; to usher in some fresh perspective.

I feel like one should always be a little neurotic and critical about past work. It's one of the easiest ways to learn. I'm sure everyone here can look at work they've done in the past and cringe. That's important. That's progress.