Vray render extent

Hi,

I'm having an issue with render extent. I've matched my model with a photo (it's not seen on screenshots, cause I deleted it). Now, when I want to render it, the camera view somehow changes regardless how I'll position it beforehand.

Here are screenshots to explain better the problem.

I've tried zooming it out, ofc, didn't help. Setting the output bigger didn't too anything either. It always comes out like in pic. 2.

I'm helpless. I wasted 4 hours at work today trying to figure it out.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have had the same problem and although I cant explain why and the solution I'm about to give you is probably not the right one to use, it still works. I simply go to the scene with the photo-match in view, select the 'walk' icon and then just hold down the mouse wheel button for a few seconds WITHOUT MOVING the mouse and it will remove the photo, you then add a NEW scene, and viola, you have two scenes, one with and one without.

I would be interested to see the 'real' way of doing it tho.

• 4 weeks later...

You are probably not setting up your camera in "perspective" view, but as parallel projection.

1) First thing to do, is Vray Options> Output> click the "get view aspect" button. Then you can check the little "L" (lock) button and adjust the output resolution to whatever you want, maintaining the viewport's aspect ratio.

2) Always be in Camera>Perspective if you want exact match (at least in VRay version 1.49 or newer). You can almost always export hidden line or sketchy views directly from SU and overlay almost perfectly with VRay's output in this way.

3) If you want Two-point-perspective for perspective correction, you have to be in this mode, and then:

• Select the Walk tool (the two shoes) and then perform a single left click in the screen. The "two point perspective" message that appears in the top left of the screen will disappear. If you just clicked and not orbit / pan or hold-click-walk the camera should not change.
  • Adjust the camera to your liking, using only PAN or "LOOK AROUND" (the "eye" tool button)
  • Render, rendered output should look very if not exactly like the viewport, and you have perspective correction for verticals