reflection problem or not

wadecong

3.jpg

thank you, I tried to turn down hightlight multiplier, it doesn't work. And I reduced the frenel reflection color, it didn't work, either. Then I tried turn off trace reflections it seems to work out, however, the reflection color from the glass is totally peeled off, don't know if there is any other way to solve this.

Is the problem that the relection is blotchy or that you do not want the highlights/reflections there at all? You could set the light to ignore the stairs, but that would make it pretty dark, or perhaps set the lights only to affect diffuse. If you still want the reflection/specular highlight on other objects, you could clone your lights and have one set with only affect diffuse for the stairs and ignore everything else, and the other set of lights for the rest of the elements in your scene but ignore the stairs. Or if the problem is that you want your reflection/highlight but it is blotchy you could try to up the samples on the wood materials reflection to smooth out the blotchyness.

12.JPG

23.jpg

Thank you for your reply. Actually i do want a little it reflection of glass. I have tried to up the subdiv which I don't know if that is samples you talked about, but the final result didn't change too much. Apart from that, I am using vray light for rendering, so i can not manipulate it targeted object. Can you tell me how to set up a light that only affect one object, because i can not find it on edit light menu.

Ah, i see now that you are using sketchup, not 3ds max. I do not use sketchup, but i imagine the vrya implementation is pretty similar. In 3ds max, when you create a light, in the light properties there is a button that is called Exclude. When you click that, you get a menu where you can either include or exclude objects.