UE4 Realistic Rendering Example

The EULA outright denies Architectural visualition (it names it directly).

Let's see what comes further.

Wonder why there is such disparity in this aspect between UE and CE. Maybe some news is forthcoming for CineBox?

Wonder why there is such disparity in this aspect between UE and CE. Maybe some news is forthcoming for CineBox?

CryEngine Cinema ? I am not even sure there was any evolution for that, I think it was forgotten.

There are two possibilities now:

1)They mentioned EAAS "Tiers". It's possible there will be another tier, but who knows when or what it would be. CE Devs are really shady and silent. There is no communication or honesty about what is planned.

2)They will continue with "per user" private licencing as of now. Basically you have to contact them, pray that they will reply to you and who knows what sort of conditions you will have to sign to. And costs. Again, zero honesty.

EPIC pretty much set the bar so high, Crytek looks amateuristic at best. Which to me is sad, because I really enjoy CE so much more.

But they've been behaving like this for past 5 years. Very choosy in who they will even allow to use their engine for publishing. Pretty much the reason why you can count CE games on two hands, CE Indie games on one hand, and Unreal in thousand. There are also "funny" stories how they never even bothered to reply to email until you bothered to call phone to Frankfurt. They're just nice :- )

On other hand, anyone seen the "Zen garden" demo by Epic ? For "Metal" platform coming out with IOS8 or whatever, Apple something.