Backwoods hillbilly's

marius e

For the people from the states:

I have recently watched 'souther comfort' (not very good) and deliverance (very good).

Like movies are, most things are exaggerated.......so my question: Are there really those backwood communities to that extent and to the extent of that stupidity? Swamp living people etc etc?

Ned Beatty - the actor who gets raped and has to squeal like a piggy - was reluctant to do the scene since he was just starting out and didn't want to be seen that way. Burt Reynolds told him - Look, man, just do it, six months from now no one's gonna remember.

For the rest of his career it was the one thing that people remembered most and that he was famous for.

Edited by heni30

??

Anyway -

I met some pretty strange "swamp" folk just up the road from you in Zim, got a belly full of booze then went "croc wrestling" on Lake Kariba. (Only little crocs but I'm sure Mum or Dad were still about!)

You don't just have to look to America for weirdos. Unfortunately they're all around us!

Sure, yes every country has them I know........just that there arent movies made about the rest, usa make the movies about theirs, so thats what i am getting at. Not only referring to the average hillbilly, talking about the french speaking swamp living comminity that america portray in the movies they make.

I love southern musis...

Winter's Bone captured a realistic sense of it pretty well from what I have actually been around for a good part of my life. Granted I do not live directly in an area like that portrayed in the movie, but they do exist near me, and I typically don't seek those areas out for hiking or camping :)