Laptop specification for 3D Architectural Rendering ?

Guest yanisamasri

Guest yanisamasri

I7 4960HQ 2,6 (3.80GHz) ( that is better than the i7 4770 3,80GHz )

Nvidia GT 750M

512GB PCIe-SSD (700MBs read and write speed )

16GB RAM 1600

I work with 3dsmax 2014, vray , Photoshop , after effect , premiere , NukeX , Vue .

ARCHITECTURAL RENDERING

Thanks , sorry for my bad english !! :)

Guest yanisamasri

Yes , that will be my exclusive machine to work .

I Will Buy a thunderbolt or an USB 3.0 HardDrive 1To to save the Textures and the Archmodels .

HI buddy,

I would share this from my personal experience(as i own a dell xps I7) never invest too much on a laptop,as ultimately a laptop cant give you the same work flow and comfort of working what you get on a desktop,heating is another issue you will face.view post navigation and file management becomes really bad,but still if you don't have a chose and want to go for a laptop..nothing can beat a dell. and yes you cant run 3ds max on Apple without installing windows for a parallel run.

Check out MSI laptops, best bang for the buck IMO. Their gaming line will work quite well for what you want to do and the price range is from $800usd to whatever you want to spend. Not sure of your exact location but chances are there is a distributor close by. My second choice would be a Asus gaming machine, little more money for the same performance but Asus is a solid company with great support in case you ever need it.

While the macbook pro is a nice machine I just feel like it is expensive for what it is. Equally configured either the MSI or Asus will be quite a bit cheaper and will come ready to go with Windows. As always, everyone has their own opinion.