Anyone using Anima?

Devin Johnston

Last week I purchased the full version of Anima and I've been struggling to get it to work on my farm. I've been in contact the tech support since this started with no resolution yet. So far I'm unable to get it to work with distributed or network rendering whether I set up the nodes with the full installation or the abbreviated one. The only thing that does work is converting the people into animated proxies but that's a very slow process and not what was advertised. If anyone's having problems like this with Max Design 2014 and Vray 2.4 please let me know.

• 2 months later...

No I never got it to work the way it was supposed to, they gave me a "work around" which was converting all the Anima people into proxies. That's great if you only have a hand full of people but if your working with 50 or 100 forget it. Saving them out as animated proxies takes forever and once that's done you loose the ability to make changes and your stuck. AXYZ ended up refunding my money because it just didn't work the way they clamed it would, it's very disappointing.

Thanks for getting back to me, that's really disappointing to hear. I did that point caching people but like you say it's not good at all for 100s of people. Going to have to think of a plan B, pretty desperate now and their tech support isn't the best!

Thanks again

Marc