Hello from a concept artist!

Hi all,

This looks like a great place to discuss and learn.

About me: I'm actually trained as a 2D artist first and foremost, and have been focusing primarily on environment visualizations in games and film. I have fallen in love with 3D, especially 3DS Max. I am self-taught in this area and have some big knowledge gaps, still!

I am very inspired by a lot of modern architecture out there, and seek to unite a lot of previz techniques with the entertainment side of things, edging into film design with a little matte painting. I hope to level up with some help from you folks along the way, and pass on what I can in the future!

This is my current work. (I actually have some 3D archviz work under my belt, but am not allowed to show it online until August 2015.)

http://www.kirstenzirngibl.com/#filter=.portfolio

Nice to meet you all,

~Kirsten

Edited by kirstenzirngibl

• 3 months later...

Welcome!

Your 2D stuff looks mighty great, it is really interesting stuff :)

In my opinion your background offers you a good solid fundamental (composition / basics wise) to really do something great and interesting in 3D. You will probably need to combine it with the "techincal" side of things that are necesarry in the 3D field.

Have fun doing it!

Wow, your work is fantastic! In some ways it reminds me of how I like to draw when I'm not doing my usual arch. rendering. You have a great sense of space so you should do fine in arch-vis if you choose to go that way.

I love that you include traditional media work. Do many people these days know about non-photo blue drawing?

I'm happy to help if you need any.

Welcome!