Exporting from Revit to Viz

Fcespedes

Right now there isn't a way. You still have to manually apply textures, and UV etc.

But wait in a few weeks time when Revit CDs are sent to all customers.

It will include the MAX/VIZ importer plugin that let you import Revit exported model complete with material !!

Let's just cross our fingers and wait for it :) (and hopefully they fix up that horrible memory leak bug in v7.0)

Richard,

Thank you very much richard for your information, this give me the final tip to decidde 100% continuing using Revit. I coudn´t undestand why Revit din not export the full model with materials to viz or max, belonging to the same company and in other hand Archicad does since a pair of versions ago.

When you said you are going to receive your Cd your talking about a demo Cd or the full retail Cd?

Thank you again for your information.

So what do you guys think about Revit? Are you using it for the architectural design development?

For 12 years I have been using Autocad, I´m architect and my office works in several scale proyects, like schools, comercial interiors and stores, supermarkes, etc. For all my previous work I have used Autocad and three months ago I read in Cadalist Magazine an article about Revit. I was trying to migrate from clasis Autocad to Architectural desktop but the process take to much time and did not finf th sofware so easy to use as i expected so i tryed with a Revit 6.1 demo CD. The best way to learn or to test a Software is to really work with it. We start a school proyect 2 month ago and we are finishing now, it has 5.500 square meters (aprx. 59.200 square feets) and only two architect made all the work, i mean, floor plans, elevations, section, details, ceiling reflected plans, etc. It realyy help you and let you spend time in the desing process, not in the "drawing" process. It can´t be compaired with autocad. Autocad is a drawing software, you can use it for anithing you want. Revit is an architectute software, like archicad, developed only for the architects.

I strongly recomend it!!!!!

...I coudn´t undestand why Revit din not export the full model with materials to viz or max, belonging to the same company...
This is because Autodesk bought Revit from Revit Technology Corporation a little over two years ago. It will take time for this sort of integration to be achieved. A plug-in for Viz has been promised, should ship with the full release of 7.0 later this year.

This is because Autodesk bought Revit from Revit Technology Corporation a little over two years ago. It will take time for this sort of integration to be achieved. A plug-in for Viz has been promised, should ship with the full release of 7.0 later this year.

that plug-in is currently being beta tested, and should be release within a month or so when the revit 7.0 CD's ship. Basically it is an enhancment to the file link manager that allows viz to read and react to the "revit" data in the dwg files revit exports (6.1 and 7.0). It works very well, and will save revit and viz users (like myself) a ton of time.

So what do you guys think about Revit? Are you using it for the architectural design development?

For 12 years I have been using Autocad, I´m architect and my office works in several scale proyects, like schools, comercial interiors and stores, supermarkes, etc. For all my previous work I have used Autocad and three months ago I read in Cadalist Magazine an article about Revit. I was trying to migrate from clasis Autocad to Architectural desktop but the process take to much time and did not finf th sofware so easy to use as i expected so i tryed with a Revit 6.1 demo CD. The best way to learn or to test a Software is to really work with it. We start a school proyect 2 month ago and we are finishing now, it has 5.500 square meters (aprx. 59.200 square feets) and only two architect made all the work, i mean, floor plans, elevations, section, details, ceiling reflected plans, etc. It realyy help you and let you spend time in the desing process, not in the "drawing" process. It can´t be compaired with autocad. Autocad is a drawing software, you can use it for anithing you want. Revit is an architectute software, like archicad, developed only for the architects.

I strongly recomend it!!!!!

I fully agree with Fcespedes view, even though I havn't been working in architecture as long :)

Yes, Revit really make you work less, and design more...it's one of the most intuitive software around. You really need to sit down to try it out to know yourself.

Richard,

Thank you very much richard for your information, this give me the final tip to decidde 100% continuing using Revit. I coudn´t undestand why Revit din not export the full model with materials to viz or max, belonging to the same company and in other hand Archicad does since a pair of versions ago.

When you said you are going to receive your Cd your talking about a demo Cd or the full retail Cd?

Thank you again for your information.

Both my school and the company I work for would have it once the CD version is out.