What do designers and archviz people want in terms of technology?

What's the issue with the one you got right now ?

matrix.jpg

I feel that I am more productive with my legs elevated at 90 degrees, it feels more relaxed, I am one with the gravity of earth!

We are not meant to sit nor to stand up all day, none of the animals on this planet sits or stands for long periods, this is human invention...

And I wish I was in that cocoon right now lol!

Edited by artmaknev

oooh lets go crazy with this one, look how happy this dude looks like

http://www.formfunc.co.za/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/man-.png

or this other one.

https://www.shinynewwant.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/emperor_625x3401.jpg

But actually is a good point, how long you think input devices such mice or pen tablet will stay as main control of our 3D software, hands, globes or magic wands will ever be efficient enough?

I don't think touch screen will work for us, seating holding your hands in to a screen hurt your back more than resting your hands in the keyboard all day long.

Good point, the touchscreen is more like a gimmick, I hate all those new laptops with touchscreens, they are heavier because of that stupid touchscreen so people can flip through they photos (ohh magic wow... a touchscreen...), Its not productive at all.

I've been using a logitech trackball mouse for years, I feel it is more productive than regular mouse, the trackball is a sphere and its more intuitive for the brain I think to move in 3D. I tried to learn to use wacom inside 3ds max, but couldn't get used to it, it really slowed me down.. I don't know how people can get used to that thing, photoshop maybe, but in 3d?

Future input devices are hard to imagine because we are so used to keyboard and mouse, I think the whole software needs an entire overhaul of the commands in order to come up with more intuitive input devices, I can't even imagine it but it will be really cool to see what the next 20 years will bring us.

Well I been using wacom Tablet for years now, it was a doctor who recommended when I started having problems with my hands(tendinitis) I use for every single application in the PC, yes it take some time to get used to it, but now any mice seems very clumpsy to use, 3D software, Photoshop surf the web, everything with the wacom. Here at the office we had the opportunity to try the Cintiq and they felt even better, paint in Photoshop feels very natural, painting with one hand and zooming or rotating with the other hand feels very good, but after a while seating with your two hands on the screen you can feel you back working extra, I guess a combo of standing and seating will help, but not sure if the right solution either, I think I got the best performance when I seated flat against my desk so it was like painting in a paper.

Wells let's hope someone come with something good in the close future.

... doctor who recommended ....

I would use anything recommended by Doctor Who.

Speaking to the original post/thread, it's great that the Lab will have tons of cores and the hottest graphics cards off the beta benches but the lion's share of users aren't working with anything near that level of resources so it would be nice if there was some development directed to the in-the-trenches users who have to fill out budget requests a year in advance to get an upgrade on existing workstations. It's rather difficult to justify having the most expensive hardware in a firm dedicated to overhead. Yes, it's great that the cloud options may actually be available 'soon' that provide productive, reliable and affordable options while offering the security needed for certain contracts. Until that day comes, however, we need software solutions for projects due tomorrow.