Colour display differences

argie_uk

Hi all,

I'm starting to get a bit frustrated with my images' colours looking different within certain applications. For example, when I view an image with Windows image viewer, it looks different when taken into Photoshop. I have just transfered an image from Photoshop to Illustrator and the colours look more saturated. Is this a colour profile type problem I need to resolve? If so, how? If not, any other ideas?

Many thanks

Richard

From my experience, it always looks different going from Illustrator to PS or back. I always like the PS version better, but rarely can I do back to PS.

Make sure it's on CMYK in one and RGB in the other, if you haven't already.

actually this has nothing to do with rgb or cmyk... Yes these do make a difference however what you are experiencing, from the sounds of it, is a diffrence in a display set in two different programs. Both programs allow display set up if you have a look. Now in order to see both images all you need to do is make sure that both set ups are exactly the same. The reason why it is allows to play with the way your image is displayed is for repro purposes. You can set up an image in such a way that should you open an image on a different computer the "physical" properties of the image remain the same and therefore will not impact the way you print image... I hope this makes sense as i've been up for way too many hours to out this in a proper sentence...lol