Win 10

komyali

On a slightly different note Windows 10 will spy on you by default, if you want to keep your personal data private you need to do a little computer brain surgery. Apparently in the 12,000 page agreement you must accept in order to use the software there's this little gem that gives them the right to do it.

"We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to."

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/windows-10-spying-almost-everything-opt-130502898.html

No way, I will rather downgrade to XP than allow them to mess with my stuff :D When something is too good to be truth, than proboably it is... so free win, yea right, waitng fix on kickass :D

No way, I will rather downgrade to XP than allow them to mess with my stuff :D When something is too good to be truth, than proboably it is... so free win, yea right, waitng fix on kickass :D

Don't know why everybody is freaking out with this, when Apple and Google been doing this for a while already, even you cell and internet provider company, Windows XP already had that "Customer Experience Improvement Program" and give you the option of check yes or not... yea right.

We been spied 24/7 from long time now. Not that this is good, just saying is not that all the sudden with the release of Windows 10 everything started.

ive taken the plunge and have had windows installed for a few days now and i LOVE IT! jump on board people, follow the light... follow the light....

PS had to reactive my licences for forest and railclone also... but thats the only hurdle (only took 10 seconds)... apart from that it keeps all your programs and settings - kinda awesome how they did this over the top without the need of formatting...

follow the light.... follow the light

Just to inform you...

it seems that these Win 7/8 updates add some of the Win 10 spy functionality to Win 7 and 8

KB3068708

KB3044374

KB3035583

KB3022345

KB3021917

KB2990214

KB2952664

especially KB3068708

To avoid this, do not install them. Or you can remove them if they are already installed.

http://1techlife.blogspot.de/2015/08/windows-7881-might-get-telemetry.html

http://www.ghacks.net/2015/04/17/how-to-remove-windows-10-upgrade-updates-in-windows-7-and-8/

Edited by numerobis

Yeah a week in and I'm loving it too. Haven't had any issues other than the ones I outlined before. So to recap;

3DS Max 2016 works

VRay 3.1 works

Forest Pro works

Railclone works

Photoshop works

AutoCAD works (after a .NET 4.5 fix)

Microstation works

Sketchup works

Call of Duty works

:D

Chris could you elaborate on the autoCAD problem, only today I tried using it and it keeps giving me fatal errors whenever I try to insert a raster image, I read on autodesk forum that windows 10 is not supported OS yet ?

My problem was nothing to do with raster images (not that I've tried that yet). Upon start it acted as if it was the first time it had been started, and kept giving me a .net 4.5 error even though my pc had .net 4.6 installed. I had to edit the registry to force it to believe it was using .net 4.5

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I would never in a million years upgrade my OS on a production machine at the day 1 release. I would wait until at least SP1 for windows 10 and service packs for Max that make it a bit more stable.

I'm in a large enough office that if my machine gets taken out of service there are plenty of options to mitigate the problem. I can understand for a small studio or freelancer it might be different.