Need Help Troubleshooting

Michael J. Brown

I don't even know how to title the issue I'm having. Whenever I go to adjust a parameter on an object by the usual click-and-drag on either of the up or down arrows (see pic), the value accelerates in a split second deep into negative territory - regardless of which arrow I click, or which direction I drag.:confused::confused:

That same anomaly even repeats itself in a newly installed trial version of Max.

The only thing I can attribute it to is my installation of a new GeForce GTX 980 Ti card.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Capture.PNG

Do you have snaps on? Maybe it's trying to snap to a grid or something.

Nope. Not that either. I'm pretty anal about never using snaps until the precise moment I need them.

I'm thinking it may have something to do with the GPU because #1, it seemed to have started when I switched from my old Quadro 4000 to the Geforce GTX 980 Ti. #2, even after installing a trial version of 2016, I still experience the exact same thing. So it doesn't seem like it's any sort of user preference setting, as those should all reset to factory with a fresh install... :confused:

I've got a query up on Nvidia's forum, so hopefully someone there can offer some insight.

Do you still have your old graphics card? I wonder if it would be worth putting that back in and really seeing if it is GPU related.

I would try to install the old video card then, be sure to un install all driver before you put the new one.

As soon as I'm done with this set of deadlines I've got presently, I'm going to try exactly that. It's quite possible I didn't completely remove all traces of the old Quadro driver. This time I'll use Nvidia's cleaner.