Vray question

Sawyer

I am working on an interior and I have not done too many interiors. I have vray light on the outside of the doors (glass french) and windows. I noticed that I was not getting light into the scene until I hid the glass objects or opened the doors. Is this right? I saw the light outside the room but no light came in.

Another thing I am hoping someone can help me remember a plugin I saw once. I am doing a panoramic walkthrough, a while back I saw a porduct viewer. Not really Vr but you could use your mouse to rotate around an object. Anyone familiar?

As always thanks for the help and Happy Feasts for everyone.

I think what you could do for the glass is exclude it from all your lights. Its strange that you didn't get any light coming in though. What kind of glass are you using? Also, do you have the refract/reflect global switch turned on?

I haven't done a panorama before but wouldn't the QTVR (quicktime) work for you? I think there is all kinds of info. on the Vray forum on how to do this.

Thanks Timmatron. I know you have vray exp. have you ever had to do this?

Also I do have a plugin that lets me do a walkthrough but what I remember seeinG a plugin associated with a walkthrough program that let you spin around an object. Really cool.

Dont hide your glass from your lights, you are not getting light through the glass because of your settings in Vray.

In the Vray:Indirect Illumination (GI) parameters set Reflective GI caustics to ON and Refractive GI caustics ON. I think that by default either one or both of those aettings is off, but they need to be on for light to pass through glass correctly. Failing that, check your ray bounces.

Jim

Thanks Timmatron. I know you have vray exp. have you ever had to do this?

Also I do have a plugin that lets me do a walkthrough but what I remember seeinG a plugin associated with a walkthrough program that let you spin around an object. Really cool.

I think you have seen the Imove plug-in, I have used it and it's really good, doing a walkthru at the same time doing panoramic moves, they called it panoramic movies, you can purchase it at digimation. But I think, that they only have max5 version of it. The imove website is not selling the plugin anymore.

Hi guys,

1. I think the problem with your lights may be your material. If you use Vray material , in the material editor / basic parameters you want to check affect shadows at the bottom.

2. as the panoramic views - let me make my guess - is it goCubic the software that you are trying to remmember?

i hope i helped ;-)

D

• 2 weeks later...