Render node Issue, buckets giving strange results

Hi can anyone help,

I'm using DR in vray on 3ds Max 2014, I have two render nodes attached to my computer so I have around 20 buckets rendering at once.

The issue I'm having is that one of the nodes is giving me strange results and the buckets it's rendered are different to everything else in the scene. I think the render node must be missing either a path or a plugin, but I can't seem to find anything missing.

I am also working in linear workflow.

Has anyone else had this issue and would you know how to correct it.

(I've attached a jpeg to show you the problem)

Thank you

Matt

Cam_07_Example.jpg

ah, i see. You have DR on and sending to Backburner. I had a similar problem but because i forgot to turn off DR before sending to backburner. I always turn DR off when i'm sending to Backburner because of issues like your having. Maybe someone else has figured out how to get them to play nicely together.

There is no doubt that you would get better render times overall and more reliability with animations by using Backburner instead of DBR. DBR is great for stills, but animation, I don't really see the point. The simple fact that if a node dies during an animation your "master" machine running max will most likely crash as well would be enough to keep me from DBR on animations. In addition DBR does have to wait to finalize a frame until all buckets have rendered, with more than one or two nodes you WILL see a delay due to this phonmenon whereas with a traditional render farm each node will run at 100% and will not need to wait for anything. If you farm isn't all same - same in CPU and RAM this delay can become painfully obvious. With FG turned on you get to wait trice!