Cheap Max 6 on Article page

Fran

thanks for the mail Jeff.

i added the questionable site to the google adsense blocked url lists.

don't know how long it will take for the filter to start working.

for the record and for those who don't know how the ad stuff works, there isn't any way to control the ads, google does it all for you. the only thing you can do is blocking certain domains from the banners, after they appear.

i'm not related with that site in any way. ;)

It's gone now. If I wasn't worried about germs, I'd have clicked on it like 50 times, just so that they'd have to pay for nothing. I think that's how Google adds work, isn't it? You pay Google a certain amount for each time the link is clicked on?

Now that I know that Google isn't so choosey about who they sell adds to, I doubt I'll be clicking on any of them anymore.

It's gone now. If I wasn't worried about germs, I'd have clicked on it like 50 times, just so that they'd have to pay for nothing. I think that's how Google adds work, isn't it? You pay Google a certain amount for each time the link is clicked on?

uuhm, please dont do that. :(

google will see it as an attempt of fraud and might terminate the whole ad program for the site. it wouldn't really hurt the advertiser but the content website instead.

for google being evil, it's not really humans who are controlling this stuff, it's all automated. that's why it's simple and effective.

the ads are a great motivation for me too keep working on the plugin things, they cover the server costs and more. without this income i'd probably stop updating them.

uuhm, please dont do that. :(

google will see it as an attempt of fraud and might terminate the whole ad program for the site. it wouldn't really hurt the advertiser but the content website instead.

for google being evil, it's not really humans who are controlling this stuff, it's all automated. that's why it's simple and effective.

the ads are a great motivation for me too keep working on the plugin things, they cover the server costs and more. without this income i'd probably stop updating them.

So Google is paying you based on the number of hits your sites generate for the people they in turn sell advertising space to. And you have little control over the type of advertising that appears on your site. And Google in turn has little control over who they sell advertising to. Sounds like the warez venders have more control than anybody.

I never said that Google was evil.

• Administrators
So Google is paying you based on the number of hits your sites generate for the people they in turn sell advertising space to. And you have little control over the type of advertising that appears on your site. And Google in turn has little control over who they sell advertising to. Sounds like the warez venders have more control than anybody.

I never said that Google was evil.

Actually we are paid by the clicks, not the impressions. Depending upon the keywords that the advertsiers wants to trigger with their ads which affect which sites they appear on, they pay a differerent click rate. We then get a percentage of this rate everytime that someone clicks on an ad. Typically the rate for us (site owners) ranges in the $0.10 to $1/click range.

The ads that get shown on our site are based upon how google has ranked and categorized our pages when they crawl the site to index them in google. So if one of our pages has to do with 3dsmax maxwell renderer and the advertsiers pays to have there ad show up on pages that have to do with the maxwell renderer then the ad with be rotated on those sites. As advertsiers we can not control which ads appear, but we can block any ads that we don't want to have on our site, but only after we see them.

The drawback to Google ads is that not every page is rich is keywords so sometimes the ads themselves are not as targetted as they should be.

I've already reported that site to Google and they said they would be investigating. But Marc, is right, if no one clicks on the ads then we make no money. Granted CGA have a lot more paying advertisers, but when I have excess inventory I post Google ads to try to make up some of the fees. Every bit helps. Covering things like SIGGRAPH, paying for $20,000 SIGGRAPH parties (yes that's 5 figures), and cover $500/month in server costs, software etc etc it ads up. Never mind our time. Every bit helps.

That having been said, when you see ads, realize they are what allows us to continue to brings sites and plugins to you. Advterisers advertsie based upon your clicking the ads and hopefully buying their products. So keep clicking. ;)

to be precise, they have the same control as anybody else.