Rendering a scene with video post

Jordy

hi, all

I have a big problem with video post.When I used video post render system to render an scence, I found the rendering time will icrease than in default scanline render, and it seems the rendering time in video post will take longer in preparing the lights, I've try to render the same one in scanline render(the teapot icon), and it will not take to much time at caculating lights, and much faster. There are many cameras in the scene, so I need to use video post to set up each camera timeline. Could anyone please help me to solve the problem about much more lights in a scene will take longer while rendering via video post than in default scanline render? Thank you very much!!

Jordy,

Video post is going to take longer than just using your standard scanline render due to the nature of the operations it's performing. Depending on what you are using the VP for will determine how much longer it's going to take to render a frame of animation. If you have a lot of effects going on then your render time is going to grow with the complexity and number of effects.